RavenCon, RESCHEDULED for April 29th-May 1st, 2022, Williamsburg, Virginia. Discussions, panels, and workshops during this fun and exciting con!
- The Future of Sex: A Discussion About the Possibilities
- Diversity 101
- Representing Mental Health in SFF/F
- Representation vs Tokenism
- Sex Scenes in Writing
- How to Work with an Editor
If you are interested in hiring Ms. Heuwagen for your next event, please email inquiries to Info[at]SamanthaHeuwagen[dot]com
GAMFT Virtual Symposium, Presenter, May 22nd, 2021. presenting, Working Effectively with the Latinx Community which covers ways clinicians can relate to a multicultural community in and out of the therapy session.
Presenter, “Effectively Working with the LGTBQ+ Community,” NASW GA’s Annual Conference, Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, October 19th, 2019 at 11am
CTC WRITES! October 17th at 1pm, Woodstock Chattahoochee Technical College.
- Moderating a panel with YA authors whose work have a main character with a disability, either mental, behavioral, or physical to spark discussion about representation and inclusion in literature.
Speaking Engagement at the Women and Gender Studies Alumni Panel, University of South Florida, October 1st at 4:30pm EST. Located in DAC 103, Teco Hall in the Education Building II (Anchin Center).
RavenCon, Several Panels, April 5th-7th, 2019
- April 5th at 6pm, Writing Women in Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Room 8
- April 5th at 10 pm, The Who, What and Huh of Kink, Room F
- April 5th at 11pm, Women and Non-Binary Characters in a Man’s World, Room 8
- April 6th at 2pm, (Workshop) Navigating Portrayals of Mental Health in Writing and Beyond, Room 1
- April 6th at 10pm, 50 Shades of Nope, Room F, Moderator*
- April 7th at Midnight, Negotiations or How Do You Do Fun Things with Wonderful People Room E
- April 7th at 1pm, A Discussion about The Starless Series with a reading from Fading Starlight, Room 4
Speaking Engagement, The Five Love Languages and Beyond, March 26th, 2019, Kennesaw State University, Social Sciences 3019.
Speaking engagement, Raising Our Daughters and Loving Our Sons, Tuesday November 27th at 7pm, KSU
Sex Down South Conference, speaking engagement, September 6th-8th, Atlanta GA.
Panel Discussion at San Fransisco’s Comic Con, June 8th-10th at 3pm. Meet Samantha and listen to her discuss how Dawn Among the Stars is changing science fiction with a discussion about mental health, feminism, and more.
Get the Knaak LIVE Podcast taping at Sláinte Irish Pub in Oakland, California. The fun starts at 1pm. Join host Jerry Knaack, Mark London Williams, Kelley Mongerina, and Samantha as they talk all things fantasy and science fiction.
ONLINE: Join Samantha and Sprit as they talk mental health awareness and how Dawn Among the Stars break barriers in the mental health community. May 25th, 2018 (@12pm EST Live or stream after) #FreeAdviceFriday Web Series, watch it here!
Empowered Women on a Mission, a virtual book launch party on Facebook on May 7th, 2018 at 6pm EST. Samantha joins the fun at 7:15pm EST. Win prizes, meet other authors from all over the globe, and enjoy discussions about strong women in literature.
ONLINE: December 15th, 2017 (@12pm EST Live or stream after) #FreeAdviceFriday Web Series, watch it here!
ONLINE: November 17th, 2017 (@12pm EST Live or stream after) #FreeAdviceFriday Web Series, watch it here!
October 5-8, 2017, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Annual Conference, Atlanta GA
Sat, Oct. 7th 8:30am-9:30am, Effectively Working With Sexual Assault Void of Bias (w/ Dr. Christopher Belous)
ONLINE: June 16th, 2017 (@12pm LIVE or stream after!) #FreeAdviceFriday Web Series, Watch live here!
May 31st, 2017, Guest Lecture, Sex Therapy: Pros, Cons, and Beyond, Mercer University
April 6th, 2017, Speaking Engagement, Agnes Scott College, Being Sex Positive Social Justice Warriors (w/ Dr. Christopher Belous)
February 13th, 2017, Speaking Engagement, Morehouse School of Medicine, Love, Sex and your Health: Hate it or Love it